“Fund the Future” is CISV New York’s fundraising campaign that aims to fully fund local and international camps yearly for the chapter.
The New York tri-state area is one of the most expensive urban areas in the world. As of 2023, we estimate that CISV New York must raise $200,000 every year to maintain the chapter up and running. We aim to annually plan, host and run:
- two local minicamps
- one free one-week long program for 11- and 12-year-olds from our metropolitan area
- one international summer program
- chapter development meetings
- multiple community events
Where does your donation go?
- Supporting our flagship Mosaic – Faces of New York summer camp, a free one-week long program for 11- to 12-year-olds from our metropolitan area
- Funding the international summer programs that our chapter is required to host in order to continue operating as part of CISV USA and CISV International
- Increasing the annual number of scholarships we offer to children from underserved groups, who may not be able to attend an international camp without a scholarship
- Developing and delivering training and support for our chapter’s volunteers
- Helping to widen access to our local activities to families from all socio-economic backgrounds
Here are some of the costs for hosting a 4-week long Village program for delegations from 12 different countries, 6 JCs and camp staff (as of 2023):
|Fund 1 day of Village for 12 delegations, 6 JCs and 4 staff||$4,900|
|Fund Village accommodation and meals for 28 days for 1 person||$1,960|
|Fund auto rental for 1 day||$200|
|Fund 1 day of Village for 1 person||$70|
|Fund two-way coach transportation for 1 person||$70|
|Fund excursion and meal for 1 person||$60|
|Fund laundry for 1 person||$40|
|Fund camp tshirt for 1 person||$25|
All donated amounts count, no matter how small.
Your tax-deductible gift will provide programs that educate and inspire action for a just and peaceful world.
100% of every dollar goes directly into programming. Our chapter is fully run by volunteers.
If you prefer to donate by mail, no problem! Mail your check to:
CISV New York Treasurer
266 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
CISV NY a 501c3 nonprofit organization. EIN/Tax ID #31-1015697. Your donation is tax deductible.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org