We are a global community of dedicated volunteers, creating opportunities for all ages to experience the excitement and enrichment of cultural diversity through our educational programs. We are founded on our belief that peace is possible through friendship – and that the real difference can be made by starting with children.
CISV is a charitable, independent, non-political, volunteer organization promoting peace education and cross-cultural friendship.
Every year, the New York Chapter of CISV has the opportunity to send young people to programs around the world, mostly via summer programs.
CISV in New York
- Operating since 1977
- Fully operated by volunteers
- Over 200 members and families
- Members from NYC and the five boroughs, Westchester County, New Jersey, Long Island, Connecticut, and beyond
- Founded in 1950, hosted the first-ever CISV Village in 1951
- Supports chapters and steering committees in 23 communities nationwide
- Visit www.cisvusa.org for more information about CISV across the nation
- Global headquarters in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, England
- Over 150,000 people have participated in CISV activities since 1951 from over 100 countries
- In 1999, 7,286 participants from 59 countries joined CISV programs
- 50,000 members worldwide in almost 200 local chapters
- 69 active member nations
- Visit www.cisv.org for more information about CISV International